Viking 72 Demo
While Atlantic Marine Electronic design, engineering, technical and craftsmen/installation teams have collectively worked on hundreds of projects, we remember and take pride in each and every one. From concept to finished product, each project is a labor of love and a reflection of our drive to create the ideal boating experience for each client.
Goals and Challenges
AME set out and succeeded in providing a highly functional and reliable navigation and communication system for Vikings newest model. This new 72 Convertible with a tower debuting in June of 2016 with no delay coming off the factory floor will go straight to work fishing the tournament circuit throughout the northeast and mid-Atlantic as the factory team demonstrator boat.
Our team of experts implemented products known for reliability and performance. In the case of the Viking 72 that ranged from the KVH HD7 Satellite TV antenna on the tower sunshade down through the Airmar PM411C Ultra-Wide Beam Tournament Series CHRP transducer. As with every project, our focus is on a comprehensive package to provide our customers with the right solution.
System Components/Implemented Solutions
- Furuno Nanvet 3D MFDBB W/DRS25 Radar- 6’Array
- Furuno FCV1200 BB Commercial Video Sounder
- Garmin GPSMA2 8212 w/ GSD 26 CHIRP Video Sounder
- FLIR M625L Dual Payload Thermal Imaging and Low Light Camera
- 2X Icom M604 VHF Radio with Shakespeare Phase 3 6018 18’
- 2X Standard VHF Matrix GX2000s VHF Radio with Shakespeare
- 5208R 32’ Antennas
- KVH Tracphone V3IP Mini Vsat Satellite phone and data
- KVH HD7 Satellite TV Antenna with HD DirecTV Receivers
- Aydin Marine Media PC
- URC MRX10 with TRC 1080 Remote and IOS Total Control App
- Apple TV
- Fusion UD750 Marine Stereo with JL Audio Amplifiers and Speakers
- GOST Satellite Tracking and Monitoring
- CCTV System with 3 Engine Room Cameras and a Salon Camera
The Viking 72 project is just one example of how AME never compromises on design and workmanship no matter the project, the boat or its port of call. Ultimately, it’s the opinion of the owner that matters most as AME is equally defined by our customer service as much as our design and installation expertise:
“We fish tournaments all year long from New Jersey, to the Carolinas, to Florida, in the Gulf, Mexico, the Bahamas and Cabo and we need good systems that work wherever we go. AME delivers excellent installations that excel in the marine environment like communication equipment to keep in touch with the factory, or when guests aboard need to contact home.”
– Captain Ryan Higgins, Viking 72
Flawless functionality and performance, extreme durability, elegant design and best-in- class components are the hallmark of every project that we complete. It’s that partnership with owners that ensures that they will forever become part of the AME family.