Alexis – Viking 92 Enclosed Bridge Convertible
Atlantic Marine Electronics is continually involved in a huge range of projects, from standalone installs and retrofits to new project build outs. We understand better than anyone that every boat and the owner’s vision for how they will enjoy boating vary.
As a consequence, we are continually innovating within the realm of marine electronics to design and build custom navigation, communication and entertainment systems that meet individual owner needs on a world-class scale. The Viking 92-foot enclosed bridge convertible christened the Alexis is just one example of elegance, versatility and the highest quality marine electronics on the water.
Alexis Goals & Challenges:
There’s no doubt that the Alexis is the height of customized yachting beauty and elegance on the water, but it’s also a world-class fishing vessel. The desire of the owners was to meld that beauty, versatility, and functionality with a state-of-the-art navigation system that was integrated with an unsurpassed global communication system as well as a one-of-a-kind vessel-wide entertainment system.
For this project, total system interoperability, convenience, reliability and seamless integration were paramount, so the highlights of this project included Universal Remote Control’s Total Control System utilizing their TRC-1080 Handheld remotes. AME’s custom Activity Based Programming brings the experience together for a seamless system that is simple to operate. It also includes the Apple and Android Apps so any personal device can easily be added to the control experience.
The client requested the functionality to view multiple sources in many areas, so we configured a Video Matrix System using components from Just Add Power for HD over networking. This enables ease and clarity of viewing systems from navigation, entertainment sources, cameras and thermal imaging throughout the displays onboard. Our craftsmen and technicians worked hand in hand as always to design the custom finishes that maintained the sleek elegance that existed throughout the Alexis with systems that seamlessly enhanced that custom beauty.
The five-star entertainment sources included are a Kaleidescape Movie Server, Apple TV, Mac Mini, Direct TV, and of course a Blu Ray player. On the audio side of this A/V solution we chose James Loudspeakers and Beale Street Audio as the solution to round out the experience.
System Components/Implemented Solutions
- Primary Radar Garmin 25kW w/ 6’ Array
- Secondary Radar 4kW 24” Dome
- Garmin GPSMAP 8530 Black Box System
- 3 X 22” Aydin Glass Bridge Displays (Center Helm)
- 2X 19” Aydin Glass Bridge Displays (Outboard Sides at Helm)
- 2X 15” Aydin Glass Bridge Displays (Aft Station)
- Garmin GXM52 Satellite Weather System
- Garmin GNT10 NMEA 2000 Transceiver
- Primary Video Sounder: Furuno FCV1900 Video Sounder with 2kW transducers
- Secondary Video Sounder: Garmin GSD26 with Airmar PM275LHW 1kW Transducer
- Autopilot Garmin GHP 20 for VIPER steering system
- 2X Icom 604 VHF with Command Mics at Aft Station and Tower
- 2X Comrod 16’ VHF Antennas
- Newmar PA 30 Hailer horn
- KVH Tracphone V3IP Mini Vsat Communication for Voice and Data
- Packedge Networking infrastructure and Wi-Fi components
- Wave Wi-Fi___33 Rogue Pro Amplifier
- Sierra Wireless Cellular data modem
- URC Total Control MRX 10 Master Controller
- URC Total Control DMS AV Receiver
- Samsung BD-J7500 Blu Ray Player
- Mac Mini PC
- Apple TV (Salon, Bridge, Staterooms)
- Kaliedescape Movie Server
- KVH Tracvision HD7 w/ Tri Americas LNB
- James Loudspeaker Soundbars (Custom to match TV’s)
- Beale Street Audio in ceiling speakers for all staterooms
- URC Total Control DMS100 Zone Amplifiers for each stateroom
- Apple iPad Mini with LaunchPort docking and inductive charging station
- Fusion Stereo for exterior audio paired with JL Audio and Sonance Speakers
- JL Audio Amplifiers
- GOST Navtracker 2.0
- Eartech CSXT wireless headset system
- FLIR M625L Dual Payload Thermal Imaging and Low light camera
- Spotlight ACR RCL300A
- CCTV Camera system for Engine Room, Salon, Cockpit, Bow
Flawless functionality and performance, extreme durability, elegant design and best-in-class components are the hallmark of every project that we complete. For AME, the ability to bring that world-class level of design, craftsmanship and technical expertise every time for every vessel is equally important to creating a singularly spectacular yachting experience for each owner. That’s what makes the 9-foot Alexis unique among all yachts on the ocean and among Viking enclosed bridge yachts in particular.
No one knows that better than Captain Andy Morris of the Alexis. As the third Viking under his command, the Alexis had to stand out among the best vessels built today. Ultimately, it’s the opinion of the captain that tells others that we not only achieved the goals, but hit it out of the park with unparalleled customer service as well as our design and installation expertise:
“This is our third Viking, and once again AME has provided us with a wide range of entertainment sources across six staterooms with each set up each with its own system. We went with Garmin for our major navigation equipment, which makes it easier for the various systems to talk to each other. And the Garmin “chirps” gives me great bottom discrimination as well as locating mid-water baits when I’m looking for billfish. But most of all, the AME staff makes everything work, and if I need assistance, it’s never more than a cell or satellite phone call away. I’ve called from 80 miles offshore when I had an issue with a sounder and within minutes I was back in action. Viking and AME are simply perfect together.” – Captain Andy Morris, Alexis (Viking 92)
Flawless functionality and performance, extreme durability, elegant design and best-in-class components are the hallmark of every project that we complete. It’s that partnership with owners that ensures that they will forever become part of the AME family.